Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sugar... the fantasy

Don't be fooled. Yeah, her lips are great and all, but sugar is shitty enough for everyone, let alone fibromyalgia sufferers. More than I care to say, sugar is my kryptonite. If you can't exercise, at least avoid sugar any way you can.
The truth is, I usually feel like ass when I eat sugar. When it's going down, I'm like, woohoo! I'm the king of the fucking world! Then I get a weird feeling like when I go to the doctor and he tells me "Uh, I'm gonna have to check your prostate." Then I notice he's got fingers like Andre the giant and a series of Superbowl rings on each finger -- even his thumb. So, if you have fibromyalgia or chronic fatigue sugar is the worst. You're gonna notice your symptoms are out of control and your energy level will drop quicker than Paris Hilton's undies. Look up fibromyalgia and sugar on the Google -- I'm not your damn mom, you look for it.

What you'll find is that there are times when fibro sufferers crave sugar in ways that seem manic. I've had moments that have really scared the sauce out of me. I'll be fine, eating real healthy, then eat sweets like a crack-whore diabetic, and I'm not that into sugar as a rule.

See the kid in this picture? Sure, she's all content now, but I have it on good authority that after her little lollipop session there, she shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.





1 comment:

  1. I'm a sugar addict...oh no!

    hey, you're funny! Did I ever tell you that? Duh!

    Berti

    ReplyDelete