Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Say cheese

Holy crap my back hurts. That's what I mean to imply with the art here. Also, it could mean that you shouldn't poop stars and pie wedges in public...
I'm on vacation now with the family. We're in Wisconsin, right near Madison. The people here are very friendly -- except for me. I'm not sure how this has played out, but I've been ill since I hit the road last Sunday. I had prostatitis, which in turn made me more vulnerable to other things. The fibro stuff is out of control -- back pain from hell, radioactive skin sensitivity and a pissy disposition. I had almost the exact same episode last year ... while on vacation. Shit. Now I have a sinus infection. I'm beginning to think that every time I plan a vacation, I should just schedule an appointment with the local hospital. I went to the urgent care last night because of the sinus thing. I know I sound like a punk-ass bitch, but after three nights of not sleeping and the intense pain, I knew I was starting to slip. I'm here for a wedding and need to have my wife's back (it's her friend getting married) since she's one of the bride's maids. I'm on kid patrol while they have the bridal shower. I know if this were something new or really bad she'd drop everything and be there for her husband. But, it's the same old turd-fest with me -- which I'm sure most fibro sufferers experience.
"Oh hi, this is my husband, he feels like ass... so, how are you?..."
So, I'm now on two antibiotics -- Cipro and amoxicillin. If you ever had the pleasure of this lovely cocktail, it really jacks with your stomach. I'm taking enough probiotics that I should start shitting mushrooms within the next few minutes. Ironic that I'm in cheese country, with a head full of snot, a stomach full of bile and an ass full of spores. Or maybe it's just comical. As I said in my last blog, guilt is a real sock to the pills. I wish I could figure out a better way to cope with the timing of this particular episode. I wonder if seasonal allergies are part of the problem, since it has happened three times in as many years. Of course I could just be a big girl's blouse.

3 comments:

  1. Oh I'm sorry J., but I did laugh out loud while reading this post. I can't imagine you being very grumpy--but you have a right to be with all that's going on with your aliments. For some reason, vacation makes us finally relax and then illness kicks in too. My friend Mary and I swear we're fine on vacation---maybe a little tense driving or whatever and boom a headache. She gets migraines. The last "big" vacation I took I got a horrible sinus infection too. Hopefully you'll be fine by the time you go back to work. Have fun in cheese country! Hope the wedding goes well and you're incoherent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I didn't mean incoherent...the darn thing wouldn't let me edit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there, my friend. And for god sakes take some Gas-X for the stars and pie wedges thing.

    ReplyDelete